A contractor approached the company looking for an alternative solution to ripping up existing kerbstones and replacing them with newly quarried and imported materials. Always on the look out for new solutions the D-Drill team searched the marketplace both in the UK and internationally for a machine that could tackle the problem. When it became apparent that no such machine was available the seed was sown for the creation of the D-Kerb cutting machine.
The benefits are enormous both financially and environmentally:
- minimal disruption to businesses as pavements and roads can remain open whilst work is undertaken
- quicker process as there is no digging up and removal of old materials before new ones can be laid
- very small percentage of waste
- lower cost as no new materials are required to be quarried or imported
- ideal for creation of cycle paths in town and city locations